Those who serve in the military are in a difficult position.
The oath taken by enlistees states, “I, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.”
The internal conflict between supporting and defending the Constitution and obeying orders is at the heart of the dilemma of honor and duty. Those who accept that the Presidential chain of command is by nature constitutional, lack a proper understanding of history and professes an even greater ignorance of current affairs.
Ever since Congress abrogated their lawful war power authority to declare war, the military-industrial complex has embarked on a path of global empire. The consequences of such un-American internationalist imperialism have turned the country into a hollow shell of a once great nation. NeoCons and their liberal cousin counterparts champion perpetual interventionism and continuous overseas deployment, and deny this stark reality.
False flag operations used as incessant excuses to expand the permanent war machine, demean and ultimately will destroy the moral purpose of our country. Propaganda and disinformation used to spread the jingoism fever infects the body politic. Those who remember the disgusting treatment, upon the separation from service, of Vietnam draftees welcome the positive homage of recent military personnel.
However, there is an attitude that challenges all the flag waving and medal awards. Gary D. Barnett presents a viewpoint that is not shared by most military brass. Mr. Barnett writes in Thank You for Your Service? No Thanks!
This perspective fundamentally challenges the underlying foreign policy that structures military expenditures to project superpower force at the expense of actual domestic defense. As long as the National Security Council and the State Department pursues the policeman of the world policy, the military will be asked to implement unnecessary austerity that perpetuates the corrupt “world community” dominated by a financial tyranny. No wonder that the blowback against our real interests is the only sure response that comes from such foreign adventures.
- What service is actually being praised by those conditioned to say these empty words? Why are they thanking and praising nearly every soldier they see?
- Is it because hatred of the U.S. is increasing, and new enemies are being created in the Middle East and all around the rest of the world?
- Is it because thousands and thousands of innocent people are being killed now in places like Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Libya, Syria, Yemen, and many more are being threatened?
- Is it because 20,000,000 to 30,000,000 foreigners, mostly innocent civilians, have died just since World War II due to U.S. interference and war?
- Is it because indefinite detention without due process, torture, assassination, and rendition are now common and accepted practices?
- Is it because suicide rates among American soldiers have increased 80% since the Iraq War began?Is it because mental problems now send more military personnel to the hospital than any other cause?Is it because destruction and separation of military families is rampant?
- Is it because civil liberties have all but disappeared due to so-called terrorism legislation? (Terror legislation would be more accurate).
- Is it because of the creation of the USA PATRIOT Act, Military Commissions Act, NDAA, TSA, and Department of Homeland Security (DHS)?
- Is it because of the massive buildup of killer drones abroad and at home?
- Is it because the huge deficit spending to support multiple aggressive wars is causing economic chaos?Is it because of the surging number of double amputees of American soldiers?
- Is it because of increasing energy costs due to the United States unwarranted presence in the Middle East region?
- Is it because the domestic police have now become a brutal militarized force, bent on controlling the entire population?
Full Spectrum Dominance is no substitute for true national security... Finish reading @Source with video @AlexanderHiggins