- Greece: currently living through a capital "D" Depression. Destitution has reached the professional classes at this point.
- Italy: teetering on the edge of political collapse as politicians fight any and all austerity measures
- Spain: rocked by political scandal, its banking system is now insolvent
- Portugal: experiencing the flight of its younger generation out of the country
- France: quickly becoming a bankrupt welfare state, as only 17 million of its 66 million citizens are working
- Holland: stumbling under the highest level of private sector debt to GDP of any EU country
- Belgium: struggling with the same challenges as Belgium
- Germany: losing its sovereign wealth with every bailout of its clearly insolvent neighbors