The Senate Judiciary Committee, which has a 14-9 Republican majority, killed the Constitutional Carry bill by a vote of 17-4.
Constitutional Carry would have been a great step forward in restoring the right to keep and bear arms as outlined by the Second Amendment.
Constitutional Carry simply states that you should not have to get permission from a bureaucrat and pay them a fee to exercise your inalienable right to self-defense.
This bill would not impact current CWP holders and keeps the structure of the system in place for those who desire reciprocity with other states.
For (Constitution & Rule of Law):
- Senator Lee Bright [R—Greenville & Spartanburg] 803-212-6008
- Senator Shane Martin [R—Greenville, Spartanburg & Union] 803-212-6100
- Senator Katrina Frye Shealy [R—Lexington] 803-212-6108
- Senator Thomas D. "Tom" Corbin [R—Greenville & Spartanburg] 803-212-6100
Against (Scalawags & Neocons):
- Senator Karl B. Allen [D—Greenville Co.} 803-212-6040
- Senator John L. Scott, Jr. [D—Richland Co.] 803-212-6124 Home 803-786-2373
- Senator Creighton B. Coleman [D—Chester, Fairfield & York Cos.] 803-212-6032
- Senator A. Shane Massey [R—Aiken, Edgefield, Lexington, McCormick & Saluda Cos.] Bus. 803-212-6024
- Senator C. Bradley Hutto [D—Allendale, Bamberg, Barnwell, Colleton, Hampton & Orangeburg Cos.] 803 212-6140
- Senator Larry A. Martin [R—Pickens Co.] 803-212-6610
- Senator Luke A. Rankin [R—Horry Co.] 803-212-6410
- Senator Gerald Malloy [D—Chesterfield, Darlington, Lee & Marlboro Cos.] 803-212-6172
- Senator Tom Young, Jr. [R—Aiken Co.] 803-212-6124
- Senator Paul Thurmond [R—Charleston & Dorchester Cos.] 803-212-6172
- Senator J. Thomas McElveen III [D—Kershaw, Lee, Richland & Sumter Cos.] 803-212-6132
- Senator Greg Hembree [R—Dillon & Horry Cos.] 803-212-6016
- Senator Sean Bennett [R—Berkeley, Charleston & Dorchester Cos.] 803-212-6116
- Senator Kevin L. Johnson [D—Clarendon, Darlington, Florence & Sumter Cos.] 803-212-6048
- Senator Ross Turner [R—Greenville Co. 803-212-6148
- Senator Marlon E. Kimpson [D—Charleston & Dorchester Cos.] 803-212-6056
- Chauncey K. Gregory [R—Lancaster & York Cos.] 803-212-6024
Senator Vincent A. Sheheen [D—Chesterfield, Kershaw & Lancaster Cos.] 803-212-6032
George E. "Chip" Campsen III [R—Beaufort, Charleston & Colleton Cos.] 803-212-6340
Talbert Black, Jr.